700 W. Cherry St is an authentic Craftsman Bungalow built in 1924. It is part of an historic streetscape in the Arbor District in Carbondale, located next to Southern Illinois University. It is a three bedroom, two bath house with a modern kitchen and two decks. There is a detached garage and a large basement.
The house has been completely restored in 2012 with an exterior finished in period paints, a deck/gazebo opening into the kitchen, and completely encircled with privacy fences suitable for pets. The exterior has motion detector lighting for safety. The large living room with a refinished floor and fireplace opens into the study, creating a house wide space. Both front rooms lead into the dining room, the center of the house. Off of the dining room is the high-end modern kitchen with stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, composite floors and a breakfast nook for eating in. Built into the kitchen is a stacked washer dryer for convenience. A bedroom also opens off of the dining room as does the original bathroom that has been refinished. The bathroom has a claw foot tub, tile floors and walls, an authentic 1924 wall hung tank toilet and porcelain sink. Down the hall from this bathroom is a suite with an ante room (or a bedroom) with closet. The back room of the suite has its own bathroom, walls of closets, carpeted floor and its own entrance and deck.
The neighborhood where the house is located is one of the most desirable in Carbondale. It is a favorite of professors at SIUC and professionals. The house is 4 blocks from Memorial Hospital and 4 blocks from SIUC. Within walking distance is Schnucks Grocery, banks, and other services.
The house is zoned R-1, which means no more than two unrelated adults may live there.
Please contact D. Gorton 618 457 8228 email@example.com